Safety Coordinator Southeast
- Conducts orientation and training sessions for new employees, vendors, and subcontractors 5 years minimum experience required in safety and health in commercial construction. OSHA training a plus.
- Assures that drug and alcohol procedures are followed for new employees and where required by the Ivey safety program
- Maintains a current knowledge of Ivey safety rules and has a good working knowledge of state, local, and federal safety laws and standards including OSHA 1910, 1926
- Maintains and updates the site safety rules
- Documents all training and orientation sessions
- Inspects the project site on an ongoing basis, using the Ivey checklist
- Administers Ivey policies by documenting verbal and written warnings issued by those involved in site supervision
- Coordinates/conducts tool box talks each week, which require participation from all Ivey site supervision, employees, and subcontractors
- Participates in pre-planning sessions for the project regarding hazards analysis, placement of flammable liquids, pipe, storage areas, office trailers, etc.
- Issues safety equipment, documents each item, and maintains frequent inspections to be sure that it is not worn and in good repair
- Investigates ALL accidents and near misses, which could or did result in personal injury or property damage.
- Completes insurance and Ivey reporting requirements and an accident investigation report
- Insures that all posters required by law are in place on site and in the job office
- Maintains a first aid kit of sufficient size for the number of employees on the jobsite
- Maintains a certification in first aid. A copy of this certification will be transmitted to the Business Unit Safety Coordinator
- Initiates and implements programs’ for the accomplishment of short, long-range, site-safety goals
- Establishes a fire protection/prevention program
- Maintains the site OSHA 300 Log, First Aid Log
- Communicates and administers our Return to Work program
- Classifies all occupational injuries and illnesses per OSHA record keeping practices
- Accompanies and documents OSHA inspections, insurance inspections, and other formal safety inspections of the site
- Reviews and approves/disapproves any “job made” tool
- Answers directly to the Business Unit Safety Coordinator in safety and health matters.
Transportation, fuel, and expenses are provided for this position.
Ivey Mechanical Company is a commercial mechanical contractor and service company with 13 locations across the Southeast. Our Company performs commercial, institutional, and industrial projects along with hvac service to commercial and industrial clients. We offer full time work opportunities. This position will require travel and relocation to one of our construction projects construction projects in the Southeast. We are an AA/ EEO Employer.
- Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Facilities Services
To apply for this position, email your resume to Danny Brunt, Vice President of Human Resources, by Clicking Here.
Ivey Mechanical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.