Quality Housing and Dining for Higher Education
Ivy Mechanical provided the HVAC and plumbing systems for building new Clemson University housing complexes and Dining facility.
260,000-square-foot mixed use facility includes student housing, retail and residential dining center, and a new home for the Calhoun Honors College including meeting spaces for faculty, staff and students.
There are approximately 688 beds throughout the communities. The residential portion of the project is divided into three residential communities:
- North Residence Hall-Building D
- Middle Residence Hall-Building C
- South Residence Hall-Building A
Approximately one-third consists of standard two-student rooms with multiple single-use bathrooms (wet core) centrally located on each floor, and two-thirds of the housing consists of suite style rooms with semi-private bathrooms. Those rooms are located in buildings C and D, which are home to Calhoun Honors Residential College.
- 78,000 square feet of dining facilities include a 900-seat dining hall and a 300-seat dining center for dining flexibility. This project replaces a 1,000 seat, 61-year-old dining hall, Harcombe Dining Hall, which was the University’s main dining facility.
- The Dining Center is located in Building B and is comprised of multiple retail and residential dining facilities as well as a convenience store.